There are countless ways to experience God; in the majesty of the sunrise, the laughter of our children, the beauty of a song, the truth of our Salvation. But in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Paul suggests we can experience God by honoring him with our body.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body.”
God created us in his likeness, with both a mind and a body. And it is in this body that we are able to execute the service to which he has called us. Exercise isn’t just a necessary evil – another thing on the to-do list. Instead, it can be both a means to experience God anew and honor him by caring for the gift of our bodies.
And like most things in this life, exercise is often more meaningful in community. This is one of the reasons we have organized Six Weeks To Summer – a great opportunity to try a group fitness class at Wilson’s. Here’s how it works, we have a variety of classes that will be only for VU and taught by fellow VU peeps. They are open for you, whether you are a Wilson’s members or not.
This might be a great opportunity to start exercising. Or if you’ve been at it for a while, then use it as an opportunity to encourage a friend. Drag them to the gym. Encourage them. Show them God’s love and remind them that we are called to care for our bodies.
Also, please help us spread the word by sharing with your team members and VU pals! We’d love to show our VU fitness instructors some love by filling up their classes!
- Friday, 5/8 at 4:30pm: Tipsy Yoga in the Uniform Building – One hour yoga class followed by “happy hour” featuring a cocktail sample by Bleu Restaurant. Click Here to Sign Up Now!
- Wed, 5/13 at 6am: Hot Barre at Wilson’s in the District. Taught by Amanda Bruns/Robin May. Sign Up Here!
- Friday, 5/15 at noon: Body Pump at Wilson’s Forum – One hour total body workout taught by Karri Ball. Sign Up Here!
- Tues, 5/19 at noon: GRIT at Wilson’s Forum – High-Intensity interval training in just 30 minutes! The only workout you’ll need all day! Taught by Eric Blumberg. Sign Up Here!
- Friday, 5/29 at 4:30pm: Tipsy Yoga in the Uniform Building – One hour yoga class followed by “happy hour” featuring samples from Bur Oak Brewery. Sign Up Here!
- Wed, 6/3 at 6:35am: KettleWorX at Wilson’s Rangeline – Fast and fun workout that combines cardio, core and resistance training for a total body workout. Taught by Robin May. Sign Up Here!
- Wed, 6/10 at 6am: Spinning at Wilson’s Rangeline – A combo of intervals and hill training for anyone who loves cycling or just likes to sweat! Taught by Janet Bowe. Sign Up Here!