This year has been a wild ride. There’s been change, division, uncertainty, and plain ol’ strangeness. But, with all that came some good things too. Opportunities. Opportunities for change, to try on new endeavors, learn from old ones, and move forward, towards more understanding, more unity. As we think back on this extraordinary year, we wanted to share a few of our favorite words and moments each Monday through the month of December, as we continue the adventure in faith and beyond.
This week’s selections are below. We hope you find something you might have missed and feel encouraged to preserve the loving yourself and others well and often.
- Life Rules Ebook by Matt Gordon – A life well-lived is a life examined. This short Ebook considers some simple ways to go through life that will streamline one toward increased joy, peace, and steady perspective. In short, here are some rules to squeeze the most out of life.
- Finding Unity by Morgan Stoecklein – The early church found their fair share of points of tension and division. Sound familiar? Take a look at a few things we can learn from our early church brothers and sisters about how they approached conflict, disharmony, and disagreement, and found unity and relationship amidst it all.
- HasMatt Episode 14 – Only one question today: Has Matt considered why the world is so divided? If you have a question (silly or serious) please send ’em over by visiting the contact page or email Matt.Gordon@vu.com
- Can I Tell You a Secret? By Ellen Nimmo – Masks have been and are used for a variety of activities throughout the centuries. In this short uncovering of one woman’s thoughts on masks will ask its readers to: consider the many ways masks of a certain sort may be robbing us (and others) of getting to know our truer selves.
- Interview with Michael Porter Sr. – Coach Mike Porter, Senior shares about raising a family of eight, the opportunity in asking and answering “why?”, their family’s foundation of faith, and more in this Part I conversation.